The History of
Seguin Beauty School
Seguin Beauty School was established 42 years ago. Its first class commenced on May 31, 1977. The New Braunfels branch campus was established 30 years ago. The first class of Seguin Beauty School # 2 commenced on July 8, 1986.
Joe and Sherrell Evans, at the young ages of 19, opened the first Seguin Beauty School . The Evans’ have been associated with the Cosmetology field directly since 1969. They are both graduates of the Temple Academy of Cosmetology and are licensed Cosmetology Educators. Mrs. Evans is the third generation of a long line of cosmetologists. Her maternal grandparents owned the largest chain of beauty schools in the 1950’s, eventually passing them down to their 6 children and spouses. Academies of Cosmetology were located all over Texas with more than two dozen family members being licensed cosmetologists, instructors, salon and school owners. Jennifer Evans, the couples daughter continues the family tradition as a licensed instructor and manages the main campus. She is the Admissions Director and Financial Aid Officer.
Unlike many proprietary schools, the owners participate on a daily basis to insure the institutions are providing quality in the instruction they provide.